1. I had to get up in the middle of the night to put on a pair of sweats because our summer sheets weren't warm enough. Time to bring out the flannel!
6. I sprung out of bed this morning and ground wheat berries to make a loaf of bread so I could warm the kitchen up. I LOVE the smell of bread baking in the kitchen!
7. I made baked oatmeal with peaches on the bottom for breakfast. Cold cereal just didn't sound good to me.
8. I froze my hind end off at my son's football practice this evening, even though I had on jeans, two layers of shirts, a sweatshirt, and a blanket for my legs. As soon as the sun goes down, it gets chilly on that field.
9. I'm starting to crave a good highschool football game. There's nothing like bundling up on a Friday night and taking big quilts and a thermos of hot chocolate to a football game. It's even more perfect when the family shares a big bag of kettle corn. Man I love that stuff!!!
10. I've got wood cutting on the brain. I crave the sound of the saw echoing through the trees, and the smell of freshly cut wood. I love coming home to a batch of posse stew, or chili in the crockpot.
I'm sure we have a mixture of warm days and cool nights ahead of us for a few more weeks, but I know that Autumn is knocking at our doorstep. It's my favorite time of the year!
|I plan on cramming as many sunflower pics as possible on my blog while they last!|