Thursday, May 20, 2010

An Evening Walk around the House


Some views from the lake near the north side of our house.



A strange and beautiful flower I spotted along the way.

Views overlooking the Rim down the street from the house.



Things are just starting to green up in our area. 

I know you may be thinking, "Why did she take a picture of the fence?"  Well, in all my years of riding fence lines, I've come to appreciate the way the sun glows against the wire at sunset. It looks illuminated as far as the eye can see.  It's actually quite beautiful.  Pictures don't do it justice.  You must take my word for this, and stop to see it yourself the next time you're near barbed wire at sunset.

We came home just in time to see Miss Kitty stalking Harry and Mildred in the front yard.  If you haven't read their story, I suggest you click on the link.  She underestimates that pair of ducks.

And this concludes another beautiful walk in my neck of the woods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment