I had to put my Super Woman cape on for a few months to help my family get through our busiest season, and I had to let some things slide so I could focus on the important stuff.
Here's a peek at the fun and chaos that has kept me from the computer the last few months:
(Note: Many of these pics are straight off of my camera phone, but it's better than no pics at all, right!?!)
1. Calving Season! I have written so many times about this over the years that you know the drill. I love the babies, but hate the stress. Thankfully we had lots of help from my in-laws and had a smooth season this year.
2. Homeschooling 3 children... (Just 1 week until summer break. WoooHoooo!!!)
3. Supporting my husband as he took 2 very tough and demanding senior level college courses in addition to his full time job. I helped him study, and edited 8 papers that he had to write... yes EIGHT of them in 2 months. YUCK. By the way, I learned a wealth of information about Classical Economics, and I never knew that such a seemingly dry subject could be so intriguing and relevant in today's world.
4. All three kids started baseball/ softball on three different teams, at three different fields, in three different locations, at 3 different times. Ugh.
5. Working with our show steers, attending livestock meetings, and going to showmanship clinics
6. 4-H Horse Meetings, presentations, and riding, riding, riding.
7. Violin Lessons - Hard on the ears, but they sound a little better every week.
8. Church Women's Retreat at a beautiful ranch in Southern AZ- What a much needed break from my hectic schedule!
9. A trip to the big city with my husband for a date night at a Lady Antebellum Concert. We were front and center for part of the concert and it was amazing!
10. A gorgeous weekend get-away to Sedona to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. We hiked, ate good food, and celebrated with the whole family.
10.5. Training a puppy. (Does that count?) With all of Tater's antics, teaching him to obey seems like a full- time job. Hahahaha. It's a good thing that he's cute, because he's also a handful.
I have left out so many things, but this is a small glimpse into our busy season. I'm hoping that with the end of our school year, I will have much more time for writing and reflecting on life. I have so much more I want to share with you.
Living in the Moment,