2. I grabbed my camera just in time to see a herd of elk cross the road this morning on my way to check on the cows.
4. I have finally found a combination of mop/cleaner that works on my wood floors. I hate streaks and water marks, and I have tried just about everything, including every homemade Pinterest recipe I could find. Since we have to have a spotlessly mopped floor several times a week for house showings, with little advanced notice (as in, no time to get rid of strong floor cleaner smells), I was desperate to find a better mopping system.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this O Cedar Microfiber flip mop that I got at Walmart. It's got a removable microfiber cloth that I can just throw into the washing machine, it's two sided, has a wide mopping surface, and maneuvers around angles like a dream.
Last month I was in the cleaning aisle of Safeway, and stumbled upon this Method Squirt and Mop. It smells like almond extract, which I LOVE! I just sweep the floor with a broom, and then go over the whole thing one area at a time by squirting the cleaner on the floor and mopping it up with the dry microfiber mop. It dries in minutes, and I'm left with a spotless, shiny floor that smells fabulous! It's perfect for days when I have to mop and go! I'm told that they carry it at Target as well, but the nearest one is 3 hours away so I can't verify that.
5. I'm embarking on a very thorough expository study of the book of Daniel in my Bible. I've downloaded a study guide, commentary, and sermons that pertain to the verses I'm reading each week, and have been studying the history of the time period as well. It's uncanny how many things mirror our nation right now. The prominent themes of God's sovereign control over the affairs of rulers and nations is something that we all need to be reminded of from time to time. The book of Daniel also shows how hard times not only reveal a person's character, but also help to build it. I can't wait to learn more in the coming weeks. Even though I've read Daniel a number of times, I always learn something new.
6. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh....[thinking].........I've got nothin'.
7. Our little town is getting a C-A-L Ranch Supply Store, and we're so excited to check it out when it opens in a few weeks. When we drive by and look in the window, it looks like it carries everything a person could ever want for raising livestock. I just hope it doesn't shut our little feed stores down. That tends to happen when the big guys come in and sell stuff cheaper. We shall see.
Happy Friday, Friends!