Monday, March 11, 2013

Grouchy-Pants

I've got the Feva'!!!

Spring Fever, that is.

I get it every March and it makes me Mrs. Grouchy-pants.

Do you know why I haven't been blogging much? Because there are only 3 things going on in my world...

1. Feed the cows.



 "Hey, is that my breakfast you've got back there?"




2. Clean the house for a million showings.
I die every. single. time. the Realtor calls. I'm going to change his ring-tone to Darth Vader music. Seriously.

3. Watch it snow for the billionth time.

It will. not. quit.

I took these pictures today on the way back over the mountain from feeding the cows.





There is a 4 strand barbed wire fence buried under that snow.




Snow flocked trees are lovely and beautiful in December.  They are wretched and annoying in March.

They are especially annoying a week before spring break when all of the stores have their shorts, flip-flops, and swimsuits out and I am still wearing my Carhartts, snow boots, and wool hat.

Now...

Repeat steps 1,2,3 over and over again.

That is my life right now.  We were displaced from our home for 4 hours today for realtor showings, so my family spent the afternoon looking at our cow's rear-end regions and udder sacks, and placed bets as to which cow was going to calve first. That's how we roll in this family.


Just keepin' it real,

Nell




3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm ready for warm weather to stay. It got cold again last night, but is supposed to warm back up this week.
    Yeah, I like how y'all roll, we like saying which mama cow we think is gonna calves first, too. Ranch life fun, huh?! ;)
    Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I am so ready for spring. I want to break out the flip flops and we need some good ol' sun on us :)
    I hope you got good news on your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...the snow...we don't get any..usually. Are you moving far? or just to a new house in your neck of the woods. I LOVE seeing all your beautiful country...yep, even the snow.

    ReplyDelete