2. My girl just hit her very first Grand Slam HOME RUN to the fence last week with bases loaded! I, of course, was calm and collected as she hustled around those bases knocking in 4 runs. HA HA, who am I kidding? I was up out of my seat cheering wildly for my girl like an obnoxious crazy woman!!! I was so excited for her. Her dad was coaching her big brother's game at the same time so he's heartbroken that he had to miss it. She'll just have to do it again for him.
4. The kids and I have been taking hikes and 5 mile bike rides around the lake every day. I'm trying to build up their endurance for a huge Grand Canyon hike we're doing this fall. It's 10 miles each way, and I don't think that my girls are ready for it yet. We've got to get into shape!
5. We've found a place to rent for the summer months as we begin our search for land. It hasn't been lived in for quite some time so we spent the weekend cutting down knee-high weeds and tilling up some land for a little garden. Everyone said, "why bother planting a garden at a rental?" but we couldn't imagine not having fresh summer veggies. Besides, tending to the garden is a huge stress relief.
6. Every Mother's Day my family buys me flowers to plant in the beds around the house. Since I knew we would be moving, I planted them all in containers that could be moved to the rental house. The addition of several hanging baskets and lots of barrels of flowers should make the new house a little more inviting when we arrive.
7. I'm waging war on the stinkin' flies this week. I can't take it anymore. They've multiplied exponentially overnight, and I intend to employ every means of assault that money can buy, including but not limited to traps, sprays, poisons, and the swatter. Die, Fly. Die.
Still avoiding packing... one blog post at a time,