Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our Feathered Friends

Every time I turned around today, my kids were staring out the window.  Finally, I decided to see what all of the gazing was about.  Two seconds later, I grabbed my Nikon to capture the beauty we saw in front of us.


Every winter we feed our feathered friends, even though they eat me out of house and home. They, in turn, provide us with entertainment and beauty. I'm constantly filling the feeders.

They are messy eaters, but despite my scolding, they continue to dig out their favorite seed types with their beaks, and dump out the rest.

I decided to fill the feeders back up, and within minutes we had even more beautiful visitors.









I could watch the birds for hours outside my window on a snowy day.  They are so beautiful, and intriguing. 

Just as I was settling on the couch to enjoy the show, every bird in the tree flew away.  I knew that could only mean one thing.

Miss Kitty decided that she wanted to admire their beauty as well.

Or maybe she was just deciding what she felt like eating for lunch.

Ah well.  I guess all good things must come to an end.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty, pretty bird pictures Lynell. That photography class really paid off.

    ReplyDelete