Tuesday, February 22, 2011

7 Things


1. Today's headlines: Threatening Hens with the Soup Pot Makes Them Produce More Eggs!! In the past two weeks we've gone from getting one egg a day to over a dozen  every morning.  I now have fresh eggs coming out of my ears. I think that two things are playing out here:

a. The days are getting longer.  Spring is around the corner, and the hens' reproductive cycle starts back up again once the day length begins to increase.  Although we keep an artificial light in the coop to give the ladies 15 hours of light each day, nothing is as magical as pure sunshine.

b. The hens are getting older and are just finishing molting.  Why they choose to be naked in January, I don't know... I'm certainly not a poultry expert. 

Regardless of the reason...We're back in the egg business!



2. Last week, I was bragging to my facebook friends about my laundry skills. I believe my direct quote was, "I'm like the Chuck Norris of laundry....totally kicking butt." Then I proceeded to tell them how many loads I'd completed, and how many shirts I ironed.

The very next morning my washing machine died. I couldn't decide if God was punishing me for pridefully bragging, or if my washing machine just couldn't handle my grueling demands. My friends were 50/50 on the reasoning behind the machine's demise, but I'm here to tell you that there's been a healing of my washing machine. AMEN!
My husband replaced the lid switch (the thingy that tells the machine that the lid is down) and now my washing machine is back in HUMBLE service. Thank you, Jesus.


3.  The snow has melted enough in my backyard to reveal a very promising sign of spring:

My bulbs are starting to peak through the soil!



4. I just finished doing my taxes. HALLELUJAH!

5. Here's an update on how my drawing class is going.  I think I'm improving.  Yes, I'm at the level of a fifth grade student, but we all have to start somewhere don't we?

(That's me sitting next to my lover in the truck above.  I just love sitting next to him...even in my drawings. )

6. I made the collage above with Photoshop.  I hope you appreciate it because I neglected my housework for a full hour to figure out how to make it...and it's not even that good.  But now that I know how to sort of make one...LOOK OUT! I'm going to make so many collages, you're not going to know what to do with me!!!

7. I watched "The Cutting Edge" last night.  I love that movie.  It's a goldmine for quotes that we use everyday in our family.

Here's one of my favorite parts:

"I've been doing a little figure skating."
"What did he say?"
"Finger painting?"

Whenever someone in our house mishears something, we just say, "Finger painting?"

If you've never seen this gem from 1992, you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.  Sorry.


This completes this weeks list of 7 things.  I feel complete now, anyway.  Do you?

Nell


2 comments:

  1. Little something I bet you didn't know. In 2006 they released a second Cutting Edge movie, The Cutting Edge: Going for Gold (Like they weren't going for gold the first time around). I saw it on TV a few weeks ago. It's almost just as good as the first one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My chickens have started laying again too... although we are only up to 3 day... yeah. I did have to buy one dozen this winter... and it was hard to go back to store bought white. Now I think my big brown eggs are so much better! And from your movie... toepick? Wasn't that something they said all the time?

    ReplyDelete