Tuesday, November 8, 2011

7 Random Things

1. It's been snowing for days at our house, and I broke out my new snow wrap for my head.I bought it at a boutique here on the mountain.  I wish I knew how to knit so I could make one in every color because it's so warm.

The flower detail on the side.
(Perhaps I'll look back on this wrap trend in a few years and think they're ridiculous, but this year I'm in head wrap love.)

2. I'm on "Aunt Countdown" right now.  My niece will be making her appearance any day now!  This means that I have to keep my cell phone on at all times. I'm terrible at this, but I don't want to miss anything. I've been waiting for my brother to make me an aunt now for a decade, and you can bet I'm not gonna miss my first opportunity to see his offspring.

3.The menfolk went deer hunting last weekend, so my girls and I went shopping in the big city.  We cruised the mall, shopped for boots, ate at restaurants that we don't have here on the mountain, and went to Hobby Lobby. It was invigorating!  The key to taking young girls on an all day shopping marathon is to keep feeding them. Chick-fila, Orange Julius, cookies, pretzels... food= fuel for shopping.



4. I have a slight obsession with Scentsy wax, and warmers to melt the wax in.  I bought my third wax warmer this weekend.  I found it at Hobby Lobby for 50% off, and it's a night light scented wax warmer for the bathroom.  This may be my favorite one of all! It's the perfect size for a small space and it does double duty as a night light. My heart belongs to Hobby Lobby, but I'm so glad the nearest one is 3 1/2 hours away or I'd spend all my free time there.


5. I bought more of this Passion Fruit Tea at Wildflower Bread Company. It's still my all time favorite, and it lasts a really long time. I just scoop a little of the loose tea into a coffee filter in my iced tea maker, and brew a pitcher full at a time. So very tasty!


6. I went to buy my son a new snow boarding jacket and I was appalled to see that the 1980's are back in full force on the ski slopes this season. GAG ME! Neon Green, hot pink, and fluorescent orange puffy jackets were all the rage at the ski shops.  I even saw an exact replica of the  neon peach ski-bunny suit I wore on the slopes in 1989.  It was so loud that you could see me coming down the hill from a mile away.  It even earned me the nickname "Conajita" for years to come. It was the most awful fashion decision I ever made. I'll be darned if I'm going to let my children make the same fashion mistakes.  I talked him into buying a timeless black and charcoal  jacket to go with his black boarding pants. If he wants to make a statement on the slopes, he can wear a funky hat. I lived through the 80's once, and I'll never go back!


White Citrus Gentle Foaming Hand Soap - Anti-Bacterial - Bath & Body Works
7. I bought this White Citrus hand soap at Bath and Body Works, and I'm loving it next to my kitchen sink.  It's a nice clean scent for my hands after I've been slicing onions or doing dishes. Perhaps I'll get another bottle the next time I go back to the big city.


Hope you are all having a great week!

Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment