Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tree Hunt 2011

This year's hunt for the perfect Christmas tree was short and sweet.  It took about a half an hour to find the tree aglow with radiant beams shining from heaven.  We heard the angels singing  the Hallelujah Chorus, and we knew we had found "the one".

Ready for a walk in the snow.

What I like to call the frozen Tundra.  Along the edge of the tree line on the north face of the mountain....that's where the real beauties are!



Do you see  the radiant beams from heaven?
The kids are saying, "Yep, that's the one!"

This year's tree is a Blue Spruce.



 We take the ceremonial hike back to the truck while dragging our trophy tree. I use the term "we" very loosely, here. My husband does all of the hard work while we supervise.


"Ta Da!"
 The perfect cowboy Christmas tree for our family!

5 comments:

  1. Great job Lynell!!!

    Our hunt is taking place a little later than normal this year. Not until the week before Christmas. My best friend will join Emma and I and we'll search out a goodin'.

    In the meantime I need to get my artificial tree up in the kitchen : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful tree.....I've yet to dig ours out to assemble it. I have a 13 month old so I already know once the tree is up....even before it is totally decorated my 13 month old will be in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so nice! We don't have ours up yet. We usually wait for December before we put ours up. Hope you have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks good with all of those ornaments, it looks like you've learned the art of filling space... Charlie Brown would be proud:) I'll show you a REAL beauty when I get my Home Depot special in a few days!

    Ohhhh its great to be a brother! Don't be upset, older yet littler sis, you have to take your 35th year of life with some humor

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very sweet Christmas Tree!
    And, we have the same sofa! ;)

    ReplyDelete