Sunday, November 27, 2011

Aunt Nell

Last Sunday at 6am, my cellphone rang. I finally got the call that I've been waiting for a decade to get...my sister in law was in labor, and I was about to be an aunt!!!! I have two precious nephews and a niece on my husbands's side of the family, but this was the first time that I was going to an aunt by my own brother! God has such perfect timing! Normally I would be at home, 3 1/2 hours away from Phoenix. But because I was at a condo in Scottsdale for my surprise birthday trip, I was staying a mere 5 minutes away from the hospital!!!! It was so convenient. God always has a perfect plan.

My dad and I sweated it out in the hospital waiting room all morning. We ate donuts, told jokes, talked politics, and made phone calls to pass the time. Then my brother came out with a proud papa grin and took us back to meet the newest love of his life.

Here I am with my beautiful niece, just an hour after she was born.



She was absolutely precious from the moment she arrived!


Here are the proud new parents, still amazed at the miracle of birth.  My sister in law did a wonderful job and had a smooth delivery. Baby G is healthy and sweet as could be.  The whole family got to hold her over the Thanksgiving holiday, and we all took turns sniffing her precious little baby head and admiring her kissable lips and button nose.  


Here she is at 5 days old.  GORGEOUS!  I'm so glad that I got to be a part of that special day, and share in the joy that new life brings with it.  It was the icing on the cake of a perfect weekend.

Congratulations to my brother and his beautiful wife. Now the hard work begins!


Basking in my new role,

Aunt Nellie






2 comments:

  1. What a blessing! Great pics Aunt Nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...she is beautiful and I can't believe how much she looks like you! Absolutely amazing how family features carry on.

    ReplyDelete