|"Flowers from my boy."|
Instead, I'm going to haphazardly list some random thoughts in no particular order:
1. I think that my frazzled nerves are mostly recovered enough to tell you that my husband had to weld on a natural gas pipe that holds a gazillion pounds of pressure on it...and he lived to tell the story. It involved flames the size of the Olympic torch, death defying feats, and other things that are dangerous. Jesus must work over-time to protect that man. I'm constantly praying for his safety. He thinks the whole thing was exciting, and I think he's crazy. The End.
2. I think I possibly have a small addiction to those Sonic Strawberry Island Breezes that I mentioned a while back. This came to light when I realized that I was subconsciously buying grain a few bags at a time instead of in bulk, in order to have an excuse to drive to the feed store which happens to be down the street from the Sonic. I wish I could buy Strawberry Island Breezes in bulk.... that would solve all of my problems, save me some diesel fuel, and support world peace.
3. I bought a jogging skirt... technically I think it's more like a "Skort" because it has shorts underneath. I haven't worn "skorts" since elementary school, and now I'm feeling like this may have been an impulse purchase. Would it look silly to see a 34 year old jogging down a dirt road in a skirt? Shoot. Now I'm having second thoughts about the whole thing. Maybe I should take it back.
4. I'm jogging about 3 miles every other day. I fell off the jogging wagon after my race in February because of my battle with wretched shin splints, but I've been back at it for two months now. This time I built up my distance very slowly using the C25K app on my iPhone as a guide, and it's made all of the difference in the world. I used to just run long distances cold turkey, but my shins revolted. With this new training method, I'm completely pain free. Now, I'm going to continue with my
torture training, and my next goal is to be able to run a 10K.
5. I haven't lost a single pound by jogging. That's the hard truth. It's a cruel, cruel world. Strawberry Island Breeze consumption has nothing to do with this. Nothing at all.
6. I'm in the market for a new pair of boots. I have a complete vision of what they look like in my mind, but can NOT for the life of me, find them at a store in Arizona. I'm scared to order them on the internet. I'm a strict "try them on in the store and walk around in them" kind of girl. Some things are just better when purchased in person.
7. My neurotic hen, Oreo, got into the garden today and devoured a zucchini that I had earmarked for making zucchini bread with. That bird drives me crazy! First the pecking of the wood stove in the kitchen, and now this?!? Who does she think she is?
I'll stop there because 7 is the number of Biblical completion and all good lists have seven things on them.
I'm off to re-consider my jogging skirt purchase,