Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Cowboy Christmas

Well hello, there.

It's nice to be typing the computer keys again.

We're back from making the Christmas rounds with both sides of the family, and we have the wood stove stoked up to ward off the bitter cold temperatures we returned home to.

We spent the evening unpacking our new treasures. Our gifts are a cowboy's dream and a lazy man's nightmare:

Boots, gloves, hats, manure rakes, feed scoops, ropes, halters, grooming brushes, jeans, shirts, winter socks, tools, head lamps, chaps, a pallet of horse feed......etc. etc.

You know, the usual Christmas stuff.


Among the non "work related" gifts we received was a beautiful new Nativity set from my in-laws. We have finally graduated to a porcelain set now that the kids have grown older.  I painted our first Nativity set on blocks of wood when our son was a baby so he could play with them as we read our advent devotions each night.  Then, when the girls were little, I sewed a stuffed fabric nativity set for them to play with under the Christmas tree. It's hard to believe that we're out of that stage of parenthood, and can now display the breakables down low on the Christmas tree.

There were years I thought we'd never get to that point.



This year, we also got some electronics from my dad so that we can update our entertainment center and bring it into the current century. My husband is currently elbow deep in random cords and owner's manuals. It's best if I just stay away until everything's hooked up. This household doesn't always get along with new technology.


There's so much more to share with you, but it will have to wait. We're expecting more snow tonight and tomorrow which means we'll have extra chores to do.

I can't wait to catch up with all of you!

Nell














2 comments:

  1. I shudder at electronics! We finally upgraded to our first ever blue ray player... I'm not sure why, as we have a bazillion DVDS. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete