Thursday, August 22, 2013

Busting Out In Song

This, my friends, is the post that erases all of the whining, complaining posts I write about every November through April.

This is the very reason why mountain folks endure six months of frigid snow, ice, and biting wind. 




You just can't beat a glorious summer in the mountains.



Whenever I write about fences still buried in snow in April, just remind me of what that same pasture looks like during the summer.






I'm not joking when I say that every single time I drive down the highway, I bust out in spontaneous Julie Andrews:

♪♫" The Hills are aliiiiive, with the sound of music....Ah Ah Ah Ahhhh!With Songs they have sung for a thousand years...."♪♫





I don't know what comes over me, except that it's overwhelmingly nice to see green grass after months and months of  dead grass and dirty snow. I want to tell the world that Arizona is NOT all deserts and cactus. But then I want them to stay away because I don't like tourists cluttering up my mountain with their R.V.'s and slow driving.


Do you see the elk?



A little closer:



 By the way, our lakes are nice, too. And at sunset, they make me want to roast marshmallows on a stick...




For those of you that don't have hills alive with the sound of music right now, just remember that you probably don't have 3 feet of snow in April, either.

It's a trade-off.



Nell


4 comments:

  1. Oh yes. Having 4 distinct seasons is so wonderful. I do love the transformation from dirty snow to spring flowers on the range. Beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO beautiful! We had a snow here in the beginning of May:O Love the mountains. A lot better than FLAT Kansas:-) But Kansas is nice in some ways too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!!! And, I am singing the song... stuck in my head now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all the pics...beautiful! I live under a rock...I assumed all of Arizona was desert and cactus! lol

    ReplyDelete