Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sweets for my Sweet


     I love people with food. It's one of my tragic flaws. Whenever someone is mourning, celebrating, ill, or moving, I instantly think of some type of food to give them to show my love and support. I'm sure there are other, more appropriate ways to express love, I just have a hard time getting past the edible options. This becomes a sticky situation when someone close to me is trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Carrot sticks and salads are no fun to give. If it doesn't involve butter and sugar, than it's not gift worthy.
     Yesterday my Lover was working close to home. Whenever he's within a 20 mile radius, I like to do something special for him. He works outside all day, with his crew, in blinding snow, blistering heat, and gusty winds so that I can stay home and tend to our family. I feel so blessed to have this life, that I like to show him my appreciation every now and then. So I baked a double batch of chocolate chip cookies and dropped them off at his job site. I had my son deliver them from the truck, and we left with a wave. I don't want to disturb him, or take time away from the task at hand, so I do a "drive by" delivery. I figure that hard working men need a little re-fueling every now and then, and with plenty of cookies to share, I don't have to worry about my Lover hoarding them in his lunch box. I don't always bake cookies... sometimes I bring Thirst Busters or Blizzards if it's really hot; muffins or a hot lunch if it's cold. Anything unexpected will do the trick. I truly believe the old saying, "The fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach."
So I'd encourage you to do a little something special for someone you love. It will do your heart good!

No comments:

Post a Comment