Monday, September 20, 2010

Ramblings of a Busy Week

Last week flew by in a flash.  It was overflowing with activity and craziness.  For five days, my husband was elk hunting with my dad, and so I was holding down the fort while the menfolk were gone.

Here's a picture of him up in the tree stand.  Doesn't he look like a bird sitting on a nest?
Meanwhile, back at home I was schooling the children, cleaning the house, shuttling from football, ballet, and church, and teaching my co-op class about medieval knights.  It was crazy.

The next day my parents, and my brother and his wife came up for a weekend visit.  They brought up our new appliances, and helped install them. 

 We also had my baby girl's little birthday celebration.  We bought her two balloons that day, and I'm pretty sure that if she wouldn't have received any other gifts, she wouldn't have even cared.  She took a nap with the balloons in a death grip.  If I wanted to take them, I would have had to pry them from her fingers.


That evening she got her first pair of roller skates, and her very first guitar.
(She's currently horrible at both playing the guitar, and rollerskating!)

I'm pretty sure I need to put about 15 rolls of Charmin toilet paper in her pants before I let her attempt to roller skate outside!

On Saturday, my mom and my new sis-n-law helped me to set up my table for the banquet, and then all of us girls joined all of the men on the other side of the mountain for our son's football game. Both sides of our family met for lunch at our favorite fine eating establishment, Booga Red's. Then I took them to my favorite store, Western Drug, so they could experience small town shopping at it's finest.  Here's what my brother and his wife found.
Isn't that cute? They found matching fur caps. (My sis-n-law is a real trooper.  She's not afraid to take fashion risks with her new husband.)

This cap matches my brother's facial hair, and every time I see this picture, I can't stop laughing.

My brother came running up to me in the store with this green hat on and I tried to pretend that I didn't know him.  He's trying to ruin my image. 

In addition to all of our Western Drug purchases, I bought a sack of roasted green chilies from Hatch, New Mexico.  After we got home from the banquet at 9:30 that night, we processed and froze 20# of them. It took us until almost midnight to peel them, but it was worth it.  Fresh roasted green chilies smell AMAZING!!!!  Now I'm stocked up for half of the year.

I don't think we could have crammed one more thing into our schedule if we had tried.  Birthdays, banquets, family gatherings, football, and new appliances made for one VERY exciting week!

No comments:

Post a Comment