Sunday, September 12, 2010

The View from my Front Yard

This is literally what I see from my front yard. 
"It's so beautiful, Nell!" you say.
"It's so pristine and gorgeous."


"It's like a picture out of a nature magazine", you tell me.
You're thinking,"Beautiful yellow flowers carpeting the earth, that show off God's handiwork."


Well here's what I'm thinking, and it ain't pretty!
To say that I'm miserable right now would be the understatement of the century.  The sneezing, and runny nose, and the hacking cough.... the swollen puffy eyes and the red nose.  MAKE IT GO AWAY!

I'm a mess.

Clairitin is ineffective.  The Netti pot, useless.  The Kleenex...like sandpaper.  There's no relief in sight.

All I have to say is, Thank the Lord that he saw fit to have me exist in the age of Ibuprofen and Tylenol.  Without them, I would do something irrational and drastic...like cut my nose off.

I used to want to live in the 1800's  so I could travel across the west on horseback, and lay claim on a section of land where I could live like Laura and Mary on Little House on the Prairie.

But now? Forget it.  They didn't have good medicine back then. I'd die without Ibuprofen and allergy medication on days like today.  I'd go crazy and hitch up my mule to the plow and start tilling under those vicious and miserable weeds like a crazed farmer. I'd catch the first stage coach to San Diego.

I'm going to go blow my nose now, for the 1579th time today.  Farewell.

Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment