Saturday, October 2, 2010

Frightening Morning

Have you ever had the stuffing scared out of you the moment you open your eyes after a peaceful slumber?  I got the fright of my life this morning, and it wasn't funny.  Last night my husband had to irrigate at 11pm, and being the good wife that I am, I waited up for him until midnight when he walked in the door.  After I knew he was safe at home, I immediately drifted off to sleep while he jumped into the shower and got ready for bed.

Fast forward 7 hours.  My husband woke me up, I stretched, rubbed the sleep from my eyes and rolled over to kiss my husband and jumped back 4 feet!  I thought another man was lying next to me!  I rubbed my eyes again and did a double take. I didn't recognize my husband.

Sometime between 12:00am and 12:15am my husband decided to shave off his mustache and not tell anybody about it.  Is that legal?

I was psychologically, emotionally, physically and mentally unprepared for a change of this nature.  I needed a little bit of warning before he did something so drastic. I can't stop staring at his upper lip.  He's had the mustache for so long now that I forgot what he looks like without it.

I don't handle change very well.  I still remember vividly the time my Dad did this very same thing.  I was very young, he left to go out of town with the mustache, and came back without it.  I didn't know who he was and I wouldn't go near him. I was convinced that someone took my dad away and brought home a stranger in his place.

I've compiled these pictures for your complex analysis of the facial hair in question.

Two Days Ago

Today










Our kids were momentarily freaked out when they ran in to say good morning.  For the record, they unanimously feel that Dad should start growing his mustache back immediately!

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Poor you! That would be scary!!!
    But I am not a facial hair fan (ironic, huh?) and I think he looks younger all shaved! :)
    Sorry, I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete