Monday, March 21, 2011

7 Things

I'm still alive!!

Now that we've established that, I'll tell you why I've been absent from the blog. It's been busy X 1,000! I wasn't near a computer for 4 days. I've got 7 small tid-bits to share with you from our weekend:

1. We took a trip to the big city for an extended weekend, and I got to spend time with both sides of our family.  Good times, Good times.


Here are the girls with their beloved aunt from Chicago!

2. After a nice dinner in the city, my kids sat with their cousin out on the curb.  They were waiting to see the  light-rail go by.  They were so excited about it, that they jumped up and down and waved to the folks inside.  City kids don't do this.  Country kids, however, are easily amused.

The anticipation was almost too much to bear!

3. My son played in a baseball tournament this weekend, and I'm learning to keep the score book.  What I've learned so far is that you will not make a good scorekeeper if you fall into the following categories:

a. You like to chat with the people around you
b. You are easily distracted
c. You have two little girls who need to go potty every five minutes
d. Your daughters wander around in "stranger danger" territory because they are from a small town and don't have legitimate city "street smart" credibility so you try to keep one eye on them and one eye on the game at the same time like a chameleon. (FYI: A Chameleon's eyes move independently of one another.  I've often thought this would be a  super-power that would come in handy while watching multiple children.)

In other words... I will be a good scorekeeper when my kids are grown, I'm sitting alone, and don't know anyone around me.  But it sure is fun to look official with the score book in hand.

4.  My cousin just became a new daddy, and he let me hold the most precious little slice of  heaven in my arms for over an hour.  I sniffed her little baby head, and held her little baby fingers, and touched her tiny little baby toes.  It was like a  wonderful therapy session full of warm fuzzies, and I loved every second of it!


5. My dad, brother, and sister-in-law just got back from a missions trip to Fiji.  They were gone for 10 whole days! While they were there, my brother broke some ribs flying through the jungle like Tarzan on a vine. (More on this another time.) As always, they did not dissapoint when it came to the souvenirs. They brought me back some swanky Fijian beauty products.  I love the smell of these lotions:


I'm so glad they're back.  My phone was eerily quiet without them around.

6. This weekend, my baby looked us in the eye with a straight face and said, "I really want you to get me a flying horse."  Yeah, who doesn't want a flying horse, kid?? OR at least a ride on the Luck Dragon from "Never Ending Story". ( Am I the only one that wanted to fly through the sky on the Luck Dragon?) I promised her that if I come across a flying horse, I'll be sure to buy it.  So keep your eyes peeled in the classified ads, and let me know if anything comes up for sale.



Falcor!!
 


7. Well....this one's a secret. :)


Have a blessed week!

Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment