1. We've been having a ton of drama on our little road this week. First, a low- rider ghetto car careened off the road into the ditch in front of our house late one night. The driver was going so fast that he popped up out of the ditch and ended up in our front yard, high- centered on a boulder with his two front tires spinning in mid-air. The back seat passengers ran off into the forest immediately. When the driver spun out in our yard and realized he was going nowhere, he and the passenger switched seats before the sheriff arrived. Turns out, the real driver (now the passenger) was heavily intoxicated and his girlfriend (the real passenger) said she fell asleep at the wheel. An hour and a half later they finally removed the completely totaled car from my yard. No one was ticketed because it happened on private property and the sheriff couldn't prove that they switched seats because it was my word against theirs. The sheriff didn't even go looking for the passengers who were hiding in the woods. Nice. Real nice.
A few days later, a car crashed into the pasture next to my house, taking out the stop sign and the corner of the fence. Sometimes people take our "back road" to avoid the highway when they've got something to hide. I'm ready to move off of this road.
2. I'm doing our taxes this week so I have stacks of papers EVERYWHERE! With any luck, I'll be done today. Hallelujah!
3. I really like this stuff. It's Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner. It costs a small fortune but has lasted over 4 months. I have long hair and wash my hair daily. I spoke of it in THIS post, and I'm finally convinced that it has improved the condition of my hair dramatically from the time I started using it. I'm a believer.
4. I made an impulse purchase of a beautiful Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting on Saturday while I was in the valley, and then proceeded to leave the whole darn thing sitting in my dad's refrigerator. I didn't remember to grab it until I was over an hour into my three and a half hour drive home. By that time it was far too late to turn around for it. My beloved cake is gone, gone, gone and I didn't get a single bite. I hope you enjoy it, Dad.
5. My dad had his hands full babysitting my three kids and my three month old niece all by himself this weekend for long periods of time while the rest of us prepared for a bridal shower. He took the grand-kids out for pizza and games, went to Bass Pro Shop to practice shooting and casting lures with fishing poles, and they helped him split wood. I'm proud of him. Babysitting is tough work!
6. We're going to tile the wall behind the bathtub this weekend. And by "we" I mean my husband. Say a prayer for him.
7. I'm off to go look at a horse prospect for one of my kiddos.