Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Feeling Crafty?

This weekend I'll be attending a Bridal Shower for my Sister-in-Law to be, and I'm so excited!  We got her a gift from the registry, but in addition to her main present, I wanted to make her something a little bit special from me.  Here's what I came up with.  I bought her a cookie dough scoop, which is one of my most favorite kitchen gadgets.  It makes every cookie round and uniform in size, and I love it!  Then I found a little wedding gown to slip over the top of it for $1.00!  I couldn't get her a cookie dough scoop without any recipes to use it with, so I decided to make her a scrappy little "Cookie Recipe" book with some of our family's favorite cookie recipes in it.

It's not quite finished, but you'll get the idea.  I just have to embellish it a little more to glam it up a bit!
Every page is completely different, using a hodge podge of scrap papers and things from my button jar.


I typed up each recipe small enough to fit on a 3X5 card.



It's a personalized little gift that she can tuck away with her other cookbooks. I hope she likes it!

1 comment: