Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This is my baby.  She's nothing but sweetness, and sugar. Yesterday she had a very bad day.  Her big brother went to his friend's house to play, and her big sister went to a fairy princess birthday party, and it was all so unfair to this four year old child. Not only did they take away her two bestest friends in the whole world, but she couldn't go along with them.  As Anne Shirley would say, she was "in the depths of despair".  My baby cried that she didn't have anyone to play with, and I melted.  I took her shopping with me and got her gummy bears and kool-aid bottles and let her sit up front in the truck, but it was a distant second place to having her siblings to play with.  She's lost without them!  The minute we went to pick them up, she was grinning from ear to ear and greeted them as if they had been apart for decades.  They even saved her some little trinkets from their adventures, which tells me that they were thinking about her too! I'm so glad that my kids love each other.  I hope that bond lasts forever.

1 comment:

  1. It is great to read of the love between your children. To know that she loves the older brother and sister so much that she was mourning their seperation and that they missed her so much they saved things for her speical brings tears to my eyes. I think as mommas we hope our children love eachother, but to see it is heart warming. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete