Thursday, June 30, 2011

A "Joyful" Surprise

Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to find that Mary Ann from, "A Joyful Chaos", had featured my little blog on her wonderful website!  I was humbled by her kind words, and honored that so many of her followers have hopped on over to pay me a visit.

Thank you all for your lovely and hilarious comments throughout the day.  It felt like Christmas with a full inbox of little notes to read. You have all been a tremendous blessing to me today.

In 2009, I stumbled upon Mary Ann's blog by pure chance and I was instantly drawn to her story.  It's always been fascinating for me to read about the journeys and twists and turns in life that make people who they are today. I'm of the notion that the life stories of  seemingly ordinary people are often extraordinary. When I started reading "A Joyful Chaos", Mary Ann was recounting the years when she and LV were just young Amish children, and I had a hunch that these two were going to marry some day.  Like a good book that I couldn't put down, I had to keep coming back every day to find out what happened next.  I was purely an anonymous blog reader for well over a year, and then I joined the ranks of the many wonderful people who loved reading her blog, and became an "official" follower.  It's been a great adventure, and I'm eagerly anticipating each new piece of her puzzle as she shares more of her history with us.

Thank you Mary Ann for your kind thoughts today!

Nell

3 comments:

  1. I came over from Mary Ann's blog and am now a new follower. You have already made me laugh and cry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you from Mary Ann's blog too...and I love your blog already! I will be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, also found you through Mary Ann. Ex-Menno now living in Arizona. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete