I know I've been a terrible blogger lately, but our world has been turning at the speed of light, and I haven't had time to hit the keyboard to tell you about it. My brother is getting married on Saturday, and there is so much to do and so much to look forward to!
I have family coming in from all over! Relatives from Quebec Canada, Texas, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and of course, Arizona! The bride's whole family is from the East Coast. Places like Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey...etc. etc. It's going to be a whole lot of fun! Every available house is going to be full to capacity, as well as every hotel in the area. There are over 200 guests coming! We'll have barbecues, and lasagna dinners, bridal showers, and bachelorette parties, the rehearsal dinner, and of course, the big wedding day to look forward to.
I have a few small kinks to work out in the plan...
1. I went to pick up my bride's maid dress from the seamstress on Friday, and the place was closed, blinds drawn, dark inside, and no one answered the phone. I'm trying not to panic about this. I will go back today. My dress needed major alterations, and it was too complicated to do myself. She needed to take it in two inches on each side, and raise the hem. She said it would be done by Friday. I will not panic, I will not panic, I will not panic.
2. I'm a slightly conservative gal, and the dress is strapless!! I have a MAJOR farmer tan going on and we are at the peak of our rainy season in our part of the world. The sun has not shined in two weeks, and I have not been able to get rid of the tan lines. Fake tan in a bottle will not fix this train wreck! I need some real sunshine....please.
3. I am the only bridesmaid that has given birth to 3 children. Strapless dresses weren't made for mamas. They were made for single college chicks....I haven't been a single college chick for 10 years. What if I want to do the hokey pokey at the reception and my dress falls down! Worse, what if my husband takes me for a twirl on the dance floor to do a little Texas two step and I have a wardrobe malfunction like Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl! I think I might need to use duct tape to keep everything where it needs to be. I'm starting to have nightmares.
4. I'm going to a lingerie party for the bride. I have to buy a pair of panties that describes my personality. I'm a whole hearted, homeschooling, obsessive yard mowing, crafty, cow raising, Jesus lovin', bean burrito eating, big hair lover, addicted to anything with cowhide and rhinestones kind of gal. Do they make that in a panty??? If they do, I can't find it at the local Walmart. I'm going to have to find a pair in the big city.
5. I'm in decision overload! I've got to get a pedicure, but I'm agonizing over what color to paint the toes. The dress is brown, the flowers are orange, and the open toed heels are ivory. Do I go with a subtle orange, pale pink, or french manicure on the toes. (My husband HATES french manicure.)
6. I hate everything in my closet right now, and I have zero money to go out and buy a new wardrobe to impress my brother's new relatives with. What if he's embarrassed of me? I'm a stay at home mom. I wear jeans and a shirt 6 days a week. I don't have a little black dress, a sun dress, or anything to wear for a night out on the town. I need a make-over.
Well, that about covers my insecurities and dilemmas for today. Thanks for listening.