Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Party and Lipstick Update


Thanks to you, my blogging friends, a major crisis was averted the night of my husband's company Christmas Party.  I did, indeed, have a lovely new lipstick to wear, in the form of Maybelline Totally Toffee.  Thanks, Sassy Gal, for your timely advice!  Believe it or not, it's quite similar to my other lipstick.

 I put on my cowhide bling belt, wore my best cowgirl boots without manure on them, and I even..... you're not going to believe this.... I even painted my fingernails.  I know, it's big news.  But even with the polish, my hands weren't ready for their close-up, so I'll spare you an "ugly hand with pretty nails" picture.  Here's a shot of the new lipstick at the end of the party, after nearly 5 hours. It looked even better at the beginning, before I'd had a million glasses of iced tea!  Those waiters know how to keep a glass filled up!  And you all know I'm an iced tea junkie!

Every year, the Christmas party is held at one of the town's oldest, and best steak houses.  It's awesome.  I was going to tell you about two of the famous country singers that frequent the steakhouse during elk season, but my husband said that would be gossip.  That man is always keeping my mouth in check! What would I do without him?   

Needless to say, it's gorgeous inside....if you like trophy animals on the walls....and we do!

Hello, handsome.


They stick us in the "Great Room" at the back of the restaurant.



Do you see that window with the bear on it? It looks into a private dining room for people with big bucks...in other words....I've never eaten in there.  But it's beautiful inside....when you look through the window... trying to find your favorite country singer...just in case he wanted to get my autograph.  Ha Ha! Totally kidding.

Anyway, we won some fabulous prizes!  We walked out with a new DVD player, Burger King gift cards, candy, and a really full belly.  Oh yeah, and one other thing. 

This.
This is a Paula Deen Stoneware bread loaf pan in a lovely shade of speckled Robin's egg blue.  I don't know what the "official" color is, but that's what it should be.

Here's the deal.  My beloved and I both had to bring a wrapped  $10.00 gift to play that gift swap game where you draw a number, pick a gift from the table to unwrap, or steal one from someone else.  This is the gift that I brought.

My number was big, and by the time it got to me, I didn't see anything around the tables that I really wanted, so I stole my own gift back!  It gets worse.  I stole it from a friend! (Sorry Jess!) 

From the time I brought that pan home, I was feeling like it needed to be in my cupboard where it would get used everyday when I make homemade bread.  It needed to join my other Paula Deen loaf pan so it wouldn't be lonely anymore.  I reluctantly wrapped it and brought it anyway.

But there wasn't much to choose from.  There are only so many tools, camouflage backpacks, flashlights, and shotgun shells that a gal can utilize.  I needed that bread pan back.  It was calling my name! So I went back home with it, and I was feeling pretty happy about it.

But now, it's turning out to be a nightmare.  Now, I want the matching deep dish pie plate, casserole dish, and cake pan.  The color is just so cheerful and springish.  I already have another set that I love, and I use regularly. It's a cream color with red flowers along the top.  But I do a lot of baking! And...I just love that pretty shaped edge around the top.  

Paula Deen stoneware is like eating potato chips, you can't stop with just one!


Never satisfied with a single piece of stoneware,

Nell 




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! I totally want one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't say your "favorite country artist" without giving it away. That's like saying a certain fat man in a red suit eats there, but I won't tell you who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Wanted to say your lips look fab! And now I am guessing who would be in the restaurant. George? Garth? Tim? Brad? Oh the mystery you have created.
    Mikie

    ReplyDelete