Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Birthday Tribute to the Poultry

Happy Birthday to my 14 feathered beauties! One year ago, on this day, they arrived in my mailbox.
Here they are at only a few weeks old.
For those of you who buy eggs from me, this is the gal that lays the beautiful green eggs. Yes, she also has a beard.  It looks cute on her.
This is Snowflake. (The kids named the chickens.)
This is Mrs. Caramel.
Pirate and Spots
Spottie
Here is Smally. (Again, the kids named them) She was the runt of the brood.
This is my son holding his favorite chicken, Fatty.

Our chickens bring us hours of entertainment, teach our kids responsibility, provide fresh eggs to eat and sell, and I'm so glad we have them.  It was a great decision! Happy Birthday, Ladies.

1 comment:

  1. Yum yum!!! Thank you for sharing those yummy eggs :-) I love eggs....so versatile!

    ReplyDelete